The International Medical Device Regulatory Forum (IMDRF) held its inaugural meeting from February 28 to March 1, 2012 in Singapore. Regulators from Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, Japan, and the US attended the meeting. It also included observers from China, the Russian Federation, and the World Health Organization (WHO).
The meeting took steps to transition several key items from the Global Harmonization Task Force (GHTF) by the end of 2012. In addition, they created a list of work items:
- Review the NCAR Exchange Program
- A roadmap for implementation of a UDI system
- Developing a medical device single audit program
- Create a list of international standards recognized by members
- Develop a messaging standard for electronic transmission of regulatory submissions
The forum’s web site is www.imdrf.org